Why we build new schools
- New schools make learning available to children in areas where school either exists in a state of disrepair, and staying in it endangers the lives of children; or not at all, where the children have to traverse dangerous terrain to attend the nearest school, kilometres away.
- By providing communities with schools we can give people, who would otherwise remain totally illiterate, a second chance at a better life; giving them the ability to care for themselves, and their families. This applies particularly in rural areas; where the village community is in fact so poor that the construction or repair of buildings and equipment cannot happen.
- Special educational programs, for example computer courses, help to increase the possibility for young people to apply for jobs and to further education.
- Existing schools do not conform in many respects to the needs of local people nor the demands of teaching and certainly do not fulfill the idea of schools of the 21st century.
- Construction of new schools will support poor rural communities in the actual construction of the school building. Our projects adhere to the principle of maximum involvement of local people. And not only that children can go to school, but their parents get a job and new skills during construction. These can then be used in other projects in their village.
Our school MELA#2 in Mahadevtar
18 new schools for about 2,000 students have been built up until now.
The Schools built up by DCWC:
|1||Četana||Bhaktapur||16 km V||27°42'54''N||85°29'06''E||1551||17. 7.2004|
|2||Táší Bál||Kávre||53 km V||27°36'27''N||85°50'25''E||1403||3.12.2004|
|3|| Kálika Malika
||Kávre||56 km V||27°37'15''N||85°51'47''E||1656||30. 4.2006|
|4||Támákhání||Kávre||54 km V||27°35'40''N||85°51'25''E||1228||13. 4.2007|
|5||Batuk Bhairab||Makvánpur||28 km JZ||27°33'31''N||85°08'18''E||1710||7. 5.2007|
|6||Čauríkhola||Kávre||56 km V||27°36'12''N||85°52'03''E||1079||30. 8.2007|
|7||Khándádeví||Kávre||55 km V||27°35'47''N||85°51'29''E||1392||5. 4.2008|
|8||Darka||Rámečháp||57 km V||27°36'18''N||85°52'35''E||1405||14. 4.2008|
|9||Mádan Kudárí||Kávre||52 km V||27°31'18''N||85°48'24''E||1093||9. 5.2008|
|10||Teksing/Pundí||Rámečháp||56 km V||27°35'37''N||85°51'50''E||1286||26. 8.2008|
|12||Bokse||Kávre||53 km V||20. 4.2009|
|13||Khárpání||Rámečháp||59 km V||22. 4.2009|
|15||Pratibha||Makvánpur||35 km JZ||7. 5.2009|
|17||Dobla||Rámečháp||57 km V||14.10.2011|
|18||Čhjárpa||Rámečháp||60 km V||27°35'59''N||85°54'13''E||1933||18. 3.2012|
|19||Dorkhání||Rámečháp||57 km V||1.11.2011|